Thursday, October 9, 2014

Football

This past week was Homecoming.  Dustin and Rhett both had football games.  Bruce was doing the chains at Dustin's game so I got to hang out there with him.  It was fun to be on the sidelines and get to watch closer!!  He is #42 We beat Mayer pretty good this game!









Rhett's game was in Snowflake.  He was so excited to play his cousin Taylor.  He couldn't wait for this game.  Right before half time Snowflake was almost to score and Rhett tackled this huge guy that was running the ball so they didn't score.  The play was over and there was a hurt player from Mogollon down.  I started looking at numbers and I couldn't see #55.  I decided yep that was Rhett.  He wasn't getting up so I went out on the field and he had hurt his neck pretty good.  That big guy he tackled landed on top of him and hit his face mask.  They asked me if we wanted to call an ambulance.  I didn't have any experience with this sort of stuff.  They all asked him some questions and had him do a few things and they were pretty sure he didn't have a concussion and he could move things pretty good.  We got him up and walked him off the field.  He was out for the rest of the game with a hurt neck.  He was pretty bummed because this was their last game of the season.  He put his shoulder pads on just to take this picture with Taylor.  Dustin is at his last JV game right now in Cibecue.  He will still dress out with Varsity but be finished with JV.  It has been tons of fun watching my boys play this year!

No comments: