Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another one

Well on Jan 10th my big boy Dustin turned 13 so we officially have 2 teenagers!
 
 Dustin is a way fun boy to have around.  It has been fun having him in Jr. High and having him come home for lunch everyday.
He was way excited to get a new snow coat and some clothes for his b-day.
 His biggest highlight for his birthday was he got contacts.  He has been asking for them for a while and I really wanted to wait until he was 14.  Dustin is a very very responsible boy and take great care of things so I knew he would take good care of them.  Besides that I was SO sick of broken glasses.  All it took was somebody to take him down and start wrestling him or getting hit in the face during PE and his glasses would be broken.  So when we were in Snowflake after Christmas I took him to the Eye Dr. to get his contacts.  He did really good getting them in for the first time.  I haven't ever been through that part if it with somebody so I was starting to get discouraged.  The eye lady told me he was doing way better then most people so I decided I needed to just be patient! Now he pops them in and out like it is nothing! As you can see he is so dang cute with no glasses!
 He wanted breakfast burriots for breakfast so he is enjoying them.
 

 I subbed the day of his birthday so I wasn't here for lunch.  For dinner he wanted to go to the Red Onion.  The waiter there was really good to him.  He blew up this balloon and gave to him.  The waiter was reliving his childhood when he turned 13 and had a lot of fun with Dustin.

His brithday was on Thursday so Friday night he had John, Noah, Jaylyn and Seth come here for pizza then went to Twila's to play pool and air hockey.  The boys had a blast and LOVED Twila's house!
I am so thankful to be Dustin's mom.  He is very particular about things and like everything to be just so.  If he had his own room it would be spotless and anybody that went in it and messed anything up would get yelled at by him.  We love you Dustin!!!
 

No comments: