Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Christmas

With my blog out for a while I got mixed up on the posts a bit.  All the stuff between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day didn't happen over night :)  But hey at least they are getting blogged about!
We had a wonderful Chrismtas as usual.  Bruce and I were both raised milking cows (well for me my brothers did it).  So Christmas morning before we could open presents all the outside chorse had to be done, including milking the cow.  If it was a time we didn't have a cow we would still have to have everything else fed.  Christmas Eve we would get all the grain measured out just right and get everything so we could get out there and get it done as fast as possible. 
Well we told our kids the same thing this year.  We told them they could get up at 5 and go out and do the chores.  It was cute to watch all of them except Kaylee tip toe through our room outside to get the chores done.
 

 Dustin and Rhett straining the milk.
 Kids all lined up ready to go.
 Tylinn sporting her new bike!
 I made a blanket this year for each of the kids.  Well I guess not all of them.  I made 1 for Bridget a couple of years ago for her birthday so the other 4 kids got one for Christmas this year. 



 Bridget showing off her sloothes (shoes + slippers). She was so excited.
 It was a cold yucky day.  We didn't hardly poke our nose out of the house but Tylinn did brave to go out riding her bike.
Grandma and Grandpa Flake came for a visit and ate lunch with us.
This year the excitement at the house was Kindles.  The oldest 3 got Kindles and the other 2 got DSi's.  It was a small easy Christmas and I loved it.  I'm pretty sure it made Santa's job a lot easier too.  I am thankful for my family I have to spend Christmas with.  I always love Christmas but the past few years have been extra special just because I have my little family to spend it with.  But most improtant is the Savior.  I am thankful for the time in December we get to reflect on him and his birth.

No comments: