Sunday, April 27, 2014

Vacation

We are going on a vacation this summer - actually in about a month.  We got it scheduled and didn't tell the kids that we even had anything planned.  I just wrote on the calendar "trip" so I would have it on the calendar.  Last week Tylinn was looking at the calendar and saw trip on there and wondered where we were going.  We gave them a hint but they still couldn't get it.  I just told them we were staying in a motel so I knew they wouldn't get it.  I was thinking all week of how to tell them where we were going.  Bridget heard Bruce say what state it was in so she kind of knew.  I decided I wanted them to know so they could be in on the excitement of planning on it.  We wanted to have a little fun with telling them.  So I made cookies and put papers of letters of where we were going.
 The kids ate lots of cookies trying to get all the papers out.
 Cookies and milk.
 Dustin trying to get this figured out.
 Still trying.....
 Once the little girls found out Bridget figured it out they were not too happy!  We will see when the rest can get it figured out.......to be continued!

2 comments:

flakeyfour said...

I'm sure it is going to say "OREGON"!!!!!!!

Shawna said...

Yes we wish! That was one of our thoughts but there are too many other places we haven't been that we want to go before kids start leaving home!