Friday, April 12, 2013

Babies

This has been an exciting week at our house - well I guess not at our house but in the barn.  We knew our goats were pregnant and have been waiting their babies coming.  Well Monday Bruce was outside and went to check on them and Betty had her 2 babies.  She actually had 3 but 1 was dead when Bruce found them - we aren't sure what happened to it.
I was determined I was going to see Lolipop having hers so I checked on her regularly.  Sandee had told me signs to watch for when they are getting ready to have them.  Thursday I spent quite a while in the barn with them.  Bruce came home for lunch and we went out and fed them some hay.  About an hour later I was out hanging clothes on the line and heard a noise in the barn so I ran over there and I had just missed it.  She had just had her 2 babies.  Just right before I got there.
 

 These 2 are Betty's.  They are smaller then Lolipop's because Betty had 3.
 These goats are way cutier then I ever imagined.  I think big goats are really ugly but man the babies are cute!
We are not 100% sold on goats yet but man the babies are cute.  We will see how it goes with milking them and stuff now.

Oh and the same day Lolipop had her babies Cali our cat had 4 kittens. So these go along great with our baby chick Bruce has hatched and is hatching.  It was a busy and happy day in the little McLaws barn.

No comments: